Windows Bashing Toothaches

Some days you just wake up and think, "Hmm. I guess I'll get some stuff done and be productive today." And then you sit down and never get anything done.

Other days you think, "Hmm. I'm going to relax and watch a movie and sip my coffee, maybe have some sex and cuddles." And you spend your entire morning working on your book.

Yup. I can't stop the productivity today, though my plan had been to just relax the morning away with my boyfriend. He's amazing enough to be sitting at my desk on his desktop with headphones on as he plays his geek games so I can work. I'm on our bed, back against the wall, feet sprawled out before me. I have our makeshift table/desk (which is a heavy-duty board picture I never got around to hanging on the wall) across my thighs and my computer on it. My coffee is on his bedside table, and I'm editing my children's book.

Of course, I wasn't able to concentrate on my book until past the sex and cuddles part of my morning, but ... yeah. Now fully focused on work. I'm even blogging today, which never happens! Even though I have no fans and no followers and nobody even reads my dull little blog, I feel like I should keep the world of imaginary fans I have up-to-date on my book-writing progress.

I've edited three pages. I have another hour and a half to work before taking my boyfriend (James) to work. Then I'm off to the dentist! Yay ... ?

A week ago today I had a root canal. Nothing to do with writing or books, but just saying ... it hurt a bit, but not so bad. They couldn't finish for some reason or other, so today I go back in and get the rest done. Can't wait to have my teeth under control. I was up most of a week with a toothache while I waited for my dentist to be open so I could make an appointment. (Seriously. They close for four days a week!)

Since the root canal, I sleep soundly each night. Once in a while a small pain when my top teeth touch my bottom tooth, but I'm sure that will be gone once it's all finished.

Waaaay off topic here. James laughs at my tendency to easily squirrel, which is what we call it when I jump topic or randomly insert another topic into the middle of what I'm saying. I start talking about spaceships, jump in with, "Oooh, peanut butter sounds yum right now!" Then back to spaceships ... and he starts laughing and shouts, "Squirrel! You squirreled!"

And here I am, still squirreling.

When I first sat down at my computer today to work, I had to fight with it a bit. I was ready to throw it out the window, and I did not care if the window was open or not. My stuff pinned to the taskbar was gone. I couldn't find my open documents there so I can switch between the two whenever I needed, my pictures weren't there so I can look quickly at a character or map, and my Chrome wasn't there for quick access to the internet for any questions I may need to write my book ...

Tried to shut my laptop down, and the start windows buttony thing wouldn't open. Wouldn't do anything. Grrr. Luckily James is a computer genius. He fixed it after much frustration. Damn Windows 10! My mother is giving me Windows 7. She has a disc and says I can have it! Thank goodness, because I miss being able to easily use a laptop. My old computer was Windows 7. I got iTunes and Chrome and anything else easily without a fuss ... I worked on my FREE Microsoft Office no problem ...

New laptop is Windows 10. There's NO word processor AT ALL. I tried getting Chrome and ended up with viruses. I tried downloading iTunes and ended up with viruses. I tried getting Open Office and ... yup! You guessed it! Ended up with viruses!! My roommate put these things onto my laptop for me because Windows 10 is a bitch and hates me. My boyfriend dealt with the virus issue, and I'm up and running. ... Until 10 decides to mess up again or just generally be a pain in the ass.

Seriously. They reached perfection with Windows 7. Why did they think they had to make 8 or 10? Both are crap trash, and I'll sleep easier at night once I get 7 put on this laptop.

Okay, must work on my book some more. I WILL publish this damn thing by the end of ... what month are we in? March! Right! This is March. I'll publish by April's end.

I hope.

Wish me luck.

I need it.

Farewell.

Comments

Popular Posts