Bookstore Finds

Wasn't planning on spending eighteen dollars today. Wasn't planning on going to town, either. However, when I spend weekends at my mother's house, we end up in town eventually. She wanted to take her laptop in to the shop today. While she was doing that, I figured a trip into Books on the Square would be a nice way to spend a few otherwise dull moments. Didn't know that within five minutes I would find five books I couldn't leave behind.
Inkheart. Love this book. Five star, without a doubt. I had it in hardcover. Made the mistake of trusting someone to borrow it. Never saw it again. Now I'm doomed to this paperback, but I had no choice. I have the second and third books in this trilogy sitting on my shelf in hardcover for the past few years waiting for me to read them, but I cannot do that until I've read the first one again. So, this five dollar copy was in really good shape, I took it! Beggars can't be choosers, after all. I've been wanting to see how Meggie's story ends.
Cornelia Funke has become one of my favorite children's authors. I loved every minute of this book. Also by her is The Theif Lord and Dragon Rider. Personally, I think these need to be movies. Both are amazing. The Theif Lord is set in Venice, I believe. The way it is written, it is as if you are an orphan living on the streets, gazing at the canals and dodging down alleys. Beautiful. And Dragon Rider is probably my favorite of all her stories I've so far read. My love of dragons came from that story.
(Where are the other two movies for the Inkheart trilogy? Huh?  Huh? Can anyone tell me that? I honestly don't think the first movie got the press it deserved. Maybe they simply didn't make the movie as magical as the book is. While I love the movie, the book just had that special enchanted quality I think they did not quite capture acurately in the movie. Etrancing, spellbinding, bewitching, etc..All those synonyms. That's what the book held and the movie lacked. I love the movie, I own the movie, but mostly I feel it was perfunctory.)
Smallville...I had no idea there were books, but I should have known. I love the show. Finally made it past season four and finished them all right before Thanksgiving. I have this life-long crush on Clark Kent. Since I fell in love with Dean Cain back when I was a kid. I never thought anyone could play a better Clark, and nobody could even compare to Terri Hatcher as Lois, but this show has won my approval. Tom Welling and Erica Durance sure had chemistry, and they played the parts well. (We all waited impatiently for Lana to disappear.)
So, now what do I do for gas money...? Aw, who cares? I'll scrape together some change and survive. These books need me, and I need them.

Comments

Popular Posts