Best Company

 
Yes, readers understand this! When I read, I am not alone. I keep company with an assortment of different characters through the many different books I read. For example:

 
Poppet and Widget from The Night Circus,

 
Celia Bowen and Marco from The Night Circus,

 
Celia Bowen again.

 
A classic: Mac and Barrons from Fever.

 
Ben and Firedrake from Dragon Rider.

 
Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter.

 
The Gryffindor Quidditch team. (Can you name them all? Hint: the original team.)

 
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark from Hunger Games.

 
Nora Grey and Patch Cipriano from Hush, Hush.

 
 
Wanderer from The Host.
 
 
Melanie from The Host.

 
Wanda, The Host.
 
 
Ian O'Shea, The Host.

 
Jared Howe, The Host.

 
Dani "Mega" O'Malley from Iced. (Fever World)

 
Ryodan, Iced. (Sort of. This was just the less naughty picture. He works, I just don't picture Ryo with Twilight hair. Yuck. And he's a little too pretty boy for Ryo. He's more GQ model rather than one of the Nine who repel Fae royalty like nobody else can...Maybe I should post the other picture...)
 
 
Here's a different one of Dani. (Fever)

 
Elizabeth Bennet, Pride and Prejudice, obviously!
 
I love meeting new people between the pages of a book. I had to share all these. I was going crazy on Google Image for these! I prefer fan art rather than pictures from the movies, but sometimes that cannot be avoided. Though the picture of Ryodan isn't from a movie. There isn't a movie. YET. However, the Fever characters tend to have Facebook pages, and I suggest you check them out! Amazing! Like all the pictures you can find on there of Jericho Barrons....Sigh. I'm reading Iced, but having Darkfever withdrawls.
 
Anyway, that's enough randomness for one day. I'm almost finished with four books, I will be giving them stars soon. (Gee, wonder how many stars The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern should get...Since I keep Googling that book and telling everyone about it constantly and making sure nobody forgets the title...Take a wild guess, LOL!)
 

Comments

  1. A while back, I wrote a post on the language of Captain Haddock from the Tintin comics (a series that had a profound effect on my life - even in my choice of career!). When searching for a picture, I found a truly stunning piece of fan art that took my breath away - a picture of a younger Captain Haddock, sober and handsome. I sent a message to the artist asking permission to use it but I didn't hear back. Have a look and see what you think ... Captain Haddock painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is really a wonderful work of art. The shading in the face, the brush strokes that created the hair and beard...I almost could believe that the subjuct would blink his eyes at any second. That really is amazing. I love fan art. There have been a few characters from books I've been tempted to draw, I just never make time for art anymore. If I could do what this artist does, I wouldn't have to paint my pictures in words! Though, I do love my words! Thank you for sharing that. Haven't been on that site in a while, probably wouldn't even remember my own username!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts