James Reads

My husband doesn't read like he used to. Or, at least, that's what he says. As long as I've known him, he's read only six or seven books.

A few years ago we spent an entire Sunday cuddled up on our apartment couch reading.  The fireplace was going, our dogs and our cat cuddled with us ...

It was perfection.  Recently I mentioned this day that was so perfect to me, and we decided to try to read each night before bed. For fun, I asked him if we could make a video of his progress with a book of my choosing, and he agreed.

Then, shock of shocks, he said to me, "Honey, can I pick the book? There's one I feel like reading. I'm just in the mood."

Surprised, I asked what book.

"Black Dagger Brotherhood."



Stunned silence from me. Like, years of stunned silence.  Then excitement hit. The last books he read that I recommended were the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. For years I've been telling him to read BDB, though I secretly wasn't sure it's his style. It is, after all, heavy on romance. (I usually stay away from the romance genre as the books tend to be ridiculous, fluffy, fruity, obnoxious books, but I love this series.)

I love that he started reading it. Though, we only read before bed ONE time thus far, and we started this four or so days ago. He's on book one, and I'm on book whatever number (The Beast). I've been slowly working my way through them for awhile because I had stopped after The King my last read through. I collected all the current books in the series and started reading them from the beginning.

I can't wait to see what he thinks of it once he's further into the book!

Happy reading!!

Comments

Popular Posts