Lot of Words

Yesterday I spent all day writing. Meant to stop when my sister got off work, but I made the mistake, very much aware of the consequences, of making a pot of coffee after picking up my niece from school at 2:30. Slowly drank it until 1 in the morning. Worked from 10 am yesterday until 4 am today. Got 2 hours of sleep, now I'm at a friend's house babysitting. At least all that resulted in 7,500 words! In one day! Soon as this little booger goes down for his nap, I have my laptop in my bag next to me ready for another long day. About 40,000 words to go and my second manuscript will be ready for its first rewrite! I'm feeling confident. Tired, but confident. And any second I'm not writing or sleeping, I'm thinking about plot and things that still need to be said and how to get my characters from point A to point B.
All I need today is what's in the picture. Coffee, iPod, chap stick, computer, and Jack Skellington blanket! And my nice fingerless Jack gloves in case my hands get cold. Her house gets cold, hence the forethought of bringing a blanket.
Oh, and a bag of almonds for a snack to make the writing process that much more enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Posts