Book Covers & Editing


This is a terrible picture, but I needed to map it out before moving on to painting it. It will look better with paint, trust me. That house was difficult to draw, not really looking forward to transferring it to a huge canvas, but I am going to! I have planned each cover for this series, except the last one! Not even sure when I'll write the last one. Started out as a trilogy, but I'm seeing a fourth story taking shape in my head!

I have the letters half painted already, just need to get around to the cottage! It will be more detailed with paint. Too bad I can't just use someone else's painting off Google Image! Something like this:


Aww, look, there's my book cover! Ain't it pretty? Lol. Actually, if I had money I could probably just message Cheryl Lynn on Facebook and ask her to paint my cover for me! I just don't have money. ... I should talk to her, though. She's so talented, and my painting skills are rusty! Used to paint all the time, but that was eight years or so ago! The money it takes for decent supplies ... living in the middle of nowhere without a single decent art store ... Sigh. I do miss living near Seattle! Or even St. Louis. Whichever.

Today I packed up my computer, grabbed a mug of coffee, opened my umbrella, and strolled down the street splashing in puddles and drenching the bottoms of my pants! Once Boo was asleep, I got down to business on my book! Some great editing was done today! I added a new scene to the beginning of The Cottage that helps the pace of the book, makes it more interesting. And I spruced up my main character, gave her a very distinctive physical trait that plays in with what she is and what she can do! Each time I rewrite it, it gets better and better. I'm just getting tired of writing it again and again and again and again and again ... etc ...

Okay, bye! Back to work!

Comments

Popular Posts