Wrestling a Monster



Yeah, but I'm about halfway done with my current novel of fixation! I know how the rest of the story plays out, I just have to fine-tune my monster/villain.  Have thousands of words of notes on my monster, and yet I can't quite figure the best way to go about writing it.  There's all the little details I need to figure out.  Is the full moon involved?  Won't work if I keep the recent scene I wrote.  Need some scientific reasoning and facts to help my very smart character make some conclusions about everything that's going on, but researching any of that stuff sends me in circles because science is my weakest link. Sigh. I had to have a smart, scientific-y character, didn't I? Wish I had a science geek friend I could call on. Instead, I must muddle through on my own, looking up every other word in the dictionary and then searching every word on wiki to make sure I fully understand ...

Like I said, I go in circles. I'll hopefully get it soon. I need a monster scene VERY SOON, so I could really use my co-author's help. Problem is, she's been MIA forever now, and I've been going this book alone for about a month.

She won't be able to complain then, if something isn't to her liking. I have the hard job of figuring things out and actually writing them. She gives me some ideas, reads what I've written, and helps me revise and edit. So she's very helpful, but I'm still writing it alone.

Especially when she disappears forever.

No, she's not imaginary. LMAO!

And for randomness ..... HERE'S A PICTURE OF MY BRAIN!

Comments

Popular Posts