Rainbow-Striped Tarantula


This is my messy work space these days. Not very pretty, not that much fun. Before, I had a cool blue and purple room, a huge dry erase board with character pictures I'd drawn posted on it ...

Well, I destroyed that dry erase board a while back while fighting with my fiance. ...

Things tend to get broken when I'm mad ...

Ahem. Moving on.

I keep getting sick lately, and I haven't been motivated in several days to get any work done. Until today. I wrote a scene, added some stuff. Book is coming along nicely. Work drains me, and because of health reasons, it's hard for me to sit for long at my desk.

Also, it's sad that I don't read much anymore. I'm trying to read the Night Vale book right now. Third time I've picked it up and started it. I love the podcast, I just don't read much anymore. I need to fix that. One cannot write if one does not read.

I've been focusing so hard on becoming a foster/adoptive parent. There's a list of stuff we need to do that we've been trying to do for a year, but since our rent is a lot and we hardly have extra money ...

And we're working on building our credit so we can get a house. A house would be better than this apartment. Because then I can have the blue and purple room again! A yard for our dogs. Extra rooms for our foster/adoptive kids!

I like to dream. I love dreams. Unless there are spiders involved. Hairy, rainbow-striped tarantulas ...

Yes, I had that dream. The grandpa of one of my kids at work brought in this tarantula in a 2 liter soda bottle. He kept saying, "This is your new class pet!" To which I would reply:

"It's a spider ..."

"No, it's your class pet!" All proud.

I stepped back, told him to leave the lid on. I watched it crawling up the inside of the bottle, all the kids gathered around all excited. I stood back and watched in horror. It's legs ...

In this dream I thought, "I will have nightmares about those legs later ..." Then the spider was suddenly loose in the classroom, wandering around. All I could think was, "It's a rainbow-striped spider ..."

Weird dream, but I've had weirder.

Ugh ... I just google imaged rainbow striped tarantulas to see what came up ... bad idea. So much bad. Now I'll have nightmares tonight for sure!!

Gag.

Comments

Popular Posts