The Sequel


I've officially started writing the second book in the Shattered series. I'm excited and nervous about it. I started the first one about five or six years ago, and, while I finished it only a year and a half ago, it's still difficult to fully get back into these characters and the flow of things.

The necklace above is what I'm modeling a character's necklace after. A crystal with a special ... well, something. Spoilers! I won't say more, but I'm pretty excited. And, no, it isn't magic. It's technology.

Today I'm supposed to go meet a couple co-workers for coffee and writing ... unfortunately my laptop sucks. Though I bought it new and hardly ever used it, it has never worked properly. Poor James is right now struggling over getting it to work. I need Microsoft Office on it, and he's having issues doing that.

I'm worried I won't be able to start a writer's group since I don't have a working laptop. I guess I could go old-school and work on paper a bit, but that sucks. I've tried that before. Even wrote a whole book that way, and ...

Well, I hope to never do that again.

Unfortunately, we don't have the money for a new laptop.

We're lucky if we make rent without my mom helping out.  Fucking expensive apartments.

Oh well. Hey, I wrote over a thousand words so far today, and I don't plan on stopping yet. Even if all I do is go buy me a coffee and say hi to them, scribble some notes into a notebook, then leave early, that's something. If my laptop isn't working, I'll just make an appearance and come back home to write more on my reliable desktop.

Happy writing!

Comments

Popular Posts