Beautiful Creatures

The movie comes out on Valentine's day. I'm desperately wanting to read the book again before then, but I have to have it in hardcover rather than paperback. I have the money, just no bank card to order it, which is really annoying. Five star book, though. I love the story. Can't wait to read it again and then finish the series. I won't watch the movie until I read it again. I want to see the story how I interpret it before I let Hollywood alter the images and feel of the book for me.
I read this one when if first came out. I remember loving every second of it, even if I can't remember much of the plot. I know it is wonderfully written and draws you in. The characters, that's what I remember. I just love Ethan Wate. A very good, strong character.
My niece read this book on my recommendation. I believe she went and purchased the others in the series, too. At least the second one. Lucky girl. She gets loads of gift cards for Barnes & Noble every Christmas. This past Christmas was sad for me because I couldn't fly out to see them this year. The two previous Christmases were spent with my family. Always an adventure when my niece and I head to Barnes & Noble in the evening to spend her Christmas hoard. Since I haven't lived in Washington in years, I always managed to get us lost. Turning down one street after another trying to find that store. Using Costco as my landmark. Trying to find the highway and the right exit...Then just trying to get into the dang correct parking lot!
Homesick. This post has gotten away from me. Now I am missing Pike Place Market. There's a beautiful little bookstore there I could easily get lost in. Did not have nearly enough time in there when my sister and I went a few years back. Sigh. One day, I'll be living in my beautiful Emerald City (Seattle) again.

Comments

Popular Posts