Sick Day

I had every intention this morning to get my nieces ready for school, send the older on the bus, drop the younger at headstart and head to the park for some laps. I would come home, shower, then settle in at my computer and punch out a couple thousand words. I didn't work yesterday cause I drove a friend (the girls' aunt who lives a couple houses down) to her doctor's appointment. I spent the morning in the hospital waiting rooms watching her adorable 2 year old boy. Today, my friend/sister/roommate opens my bedroom door at six to tell me her younger daughter is sick with the flu and not going to school.
So she headed to work. I'm now sitting here waiting for my coffee to brew while watching Kai-lan with both girls until I have to get the not sick one ready for kindergarten.
And three days on 12 hours of sleep because I can't put my book down at night... I'm not fully with it.
And writing only about a thousand words since December 20th... Yeah, my 2013 career plan is off to a good start. (Heavy on the sarcasm.) I just can't wait for my schedule to get back to normal where I spend six hours writing 2,000-4,000 words a day.

Comments

Popular Posts