Siriously

This is what it is like to try to read a book with an attention-seeking feline in your house. Before I banned my cat from my bed (I really don't want him destroying my satin comforter) he used to do this to me. I'd be lying on my belly, arms out with my book proped in my hands, and he would slowly slink closer and closer. I'd notice him out the corner of my eye, but I'd continue reading, knowing exactly what was coming. Soon, his little face would be resting on my arm, still I read on. Next, his little paws would be over my arm, so his upper body would be in the circle of my arms between me and my book. I'd lift my head higher to see over him and continue my adventure with his body over my arm, half on one side of my arm half on the other. Then came the full-body block. "Sirius Black!" I'd groan at him, pushing him aside and rolling over onto my back. I'd hold the book above my head and carry on. Soon, little paws would come resting on my stomach. Ignore. Then before I know it, he is laying directly on top of me. I stuck stubbornly to my story, giving him no attention. Then, he'd slowly slink forward until he was practically on my face. "Sirius! Seriously!" I'd sit up. Well, as the picture suggest, this does not help either. Before I know it, he is in my lap and practically laying on the book in my arms. I sort of miss this, now that he no longer gets on my bed. I'm actually planning to maybe, when money stops hiding from me, getting him declawed. That way I won't worry about my blanket and he can sleep on the bed instead of behind my bedroom door making it impossible for me to enter my bedroom. Seriously, he obstructs my door, and no matter how much I push on my door, his tail getting stuck beneath it, he refuses to move. I end up sqeezing in sideways as best I can and moving him since he doesn't move himself. I wish he'd use the cat bed I bought him. I gave up and shoved it under my bed. Occassionally I pull it out in the hopes that he will start using it again. It only lasts a few days, and he is sleeping on the floor next to it. To save space in my tiny postage stamp room, I give up on him using it and shove it under my bed. I have three bookshelves, one other movie shelf, and two dog beds on my floor. I can't be wasting space with a cat bed he doesn't even use!
But isn't he darling?

Comments

Popular Posts