The More I Write, The More I Write.

This is so true. I find that the more that I write, the more ideas come to me, more plot twists, new turns and characters. The more that I study my characters, the more I begin to understand them and figure out how to translate them from my thoughts down onto my computer screen.
Also, the more I submerge myself in my stories, the less I want to surface. I find that I don't want to turn off my computer and go to sleep at night, I might miss the next amazing plot twist, the next helpful character, the next horrible deed the villain tries to perform.  Once, I used to dread actually making myself sit and work. I would groan that I didn't really want to, but that I had to. Once I finally sat at my computer and got started, it was fun, but the getting started each day was a pain. Weekends used to be my free time. I'd go to mom's and fix puzzles and play cards all weekend, never once turning on my word processor...
Now I spend most of my weekends at mom's writing and plotting new stories and doing online research for my books. I can't stop thinking about them, can't stop figuring out each story. I want to know what comes next.
I've had Beautiful Creatures for days now, but I'm only on page 100. I normally read at night, but I can't seem to focus. I read a few pages and wish I was writing instead.
So, the more I write, the more I can't stop. I sleep, eat, breath words and stories. I can't help it, and I don't mind in the least. Now, instead of dreading the moment in the morning I have to actually sit down and get to work, I can't wait for morning so I can get started, jump right in and pick up where I left off.
I have known that writing was what I was always meant for. Since seventh grade, it has been calling to me, I just tried my hardest to ignore it because I never wanted to make the time, never wanted to put in the effort. Well, I can't deny my inner writer any longer. I'm 27 and have hundreds of stories bursting to get out!
I won't stop until they are all told.

Comments

Popular Posts