Whole Lot of Books

Wish I could say my bedside table always looks this pretty. Alas, no. I did this months ago for photographic purposes. Want the truth? There are a little more than twice that many books on the table, stacked dangerously haphazard. Leaning piles of books I've begun, I intend to begin soon, or recently finished, all stacked into two side-by-side towers. Scattered around my beloved novels are a few pens, a dozen pencils, a notebook filling fast with every plot twist that may occur on short notice, a few bottles of lotion, roll of toilet paper (I really need to but a box of tissues), my plastic cup complete with lid and straw is usually there full of coffee or juice, small bottle of mouthwash, fingerless Jack Skellington gloves, chapstick, ipod and earbuds, cold medicine, headband, TV controllers, coloring pages (from my nieces), hand sanitizer, sparkly flower hair clip...
Wow. Bet you are wondering how all that fits onto this tiny table. Perhaps this muggle has a friend with a wand?
Okay, the truth is it all fits cause most of it is piled so high that things are constantly plummeting to the carpet when I walk past...
There's that chapstick I need. Under the bedside table next to my paper bag of books...
Yes. I have a grocery bag full of books under the table containing two stacks of books. They are pouring out my ears here. It is a miserable and sad existence that does not find the clutter of hardcovers and paperbacks a necessary comfort. A security blanket protecting me from a harsh world I choose to evade.

Comments

Popular Posts