Book Manners


It honestly is difficult to not skip ahead in a book.  Long ago, back in my teenage years (we all do stupid things as teenagers ....) I used to skip ahead and skim through the ending.  I couldn't help it, I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.  

Also, it was usually three or four in the morning and I had to be up at six for school, so ... Yeah.  I had to know what came next, but I also had to sleep ...

The struggle is real.

I can happily say that I don't skim ahead anymore, though.  Yay!  I now wait patiently like a good reader should.  I like surprises, and I hate knowing anything ahead of time.  It ruins the magic, whether it's reading a book, watching a movie, or playing a video game.  I don't want to know what's going to happen, I want to discover it for myself.

As my husband has learned with us playing Animal Crossing lately, I can get pretty angry when things are spoiled for me ...

Now, about our project ... Progress is being made. Sloooowly, but it is progress. I just now recorded/edited a scene and wrote script for it.  It's going well.  I ended up starting over almost from the beginning because I hated everything I had done previously on it.  Besides, I've improved so much already on all the little details and nuances of this project, I'm pretty impressed with myself.  I have a few more things to do, then the first episode will be nearly done!!

I hope we learn the audio half of this as quickly as we learned the filming/editing processes.  

Happy writing/reading!!

Comments

Popular Posts