Coffee To Fly

Pretty sure I'm drinking amazing, ice cream flavored coffee right this second, eating homemade banana nut muffins my mom just made. My stepdad is sititng across the table and enjoying the same breakfast. Luggage is lying around all over the place, mom and Carrie are outside, oiling cars, getting ready to load our suitcases.

I decided to bring my laptop so I can share my stories with my family, load them onto my sister's laptop so they can read the sequel. Our flight is at two, then Carrie and I have four and a half hour delay in Denver. Mom continues on sooner than us. I can work on my book then. What better way to spend five hours than writing? In an airport where there are tons of people to study and use for writing material?

Carrie and I are looking forward to a Starbucks coffee. The closest one to us is all the way in Branson, and we don't get out there much.

We will be in Washington for eight days. Not long enough, and we fly home the day after Gramma's funeral. I hate having to leave the day after the funeral, but that's how life goes. Carrie is prepared. She bought waterproof mascara. By tonight, I will be in Washington, surrounded by family, hugging my sister and my niece. Haven't seen them in two Christmases. Just wish the circumstances were different.

Comments

Popular Posts