Driving and Arriving in Paradise

Seen my first palm tree ever. They aren't as ugly as I've always thought. Like them now. Exhausted. Didn't write anything today. Read some Stephen King in the car on the drive here. So tired. Just posting pics from today then going to bed.
Some pretty palm trees.

Where we are staying. View of the ocean from our balcony.
 
Our condo. Two bedrooms, two baths, kitchen, dining, etc. :)
One of the pools.

Random place that was pretty.

LOVE WATER!

Still on the road.
 
Sunset.

Their first time at the ocean. We finally got down to the beach after dark, but we'll spend all day Friday out there. Tomorrow is supposed to be rain, but we have fun plans anyway!

They are such goofballs, love them! Sienna (almost six) on the left. Kira (four) on the right.
 
Waves. I stood out there taking tons of pictures long after my sister and her girls went up to our room. I kept crouching down waiting for the perfect waves to roll in. Was up to my calves in water. Wearing jeans and sneakers. Came in wet and sandy. Sorry to the employees who have to clean up the sand on the floor!
 
 
Waves.
 
 
Blurry, but we were stuck at a light, so might as well, right?
 
 
 
This was Wednesday morning. Checking out and hitting the road again. She was determined to roll that heavy suitcase to the car!
 
 
View from our room.
 
 
Jumping on one of the beds in their room.
 
 
 
The girls with the snackbox between them. I know. These pictures are out of order, but whatever. It is midnight and I need sleep!
 
 
After checking out of the hotel we stayed at midway through our drive to Destin, we needed Starbucks for breakfast! This is my best friend who I call sister.
 
 
And me. Red-faced from lack of sleep, too much laughing, and warmer weather down south.
 
 
 
Our Map.
 
 
Where we are!
 
 
No idea where this was. From Wednesday night. Mississippi, perhaps. Maria turned the car around in a hurry so we could go back for a picture. We also got a picture of the Piggley Wiggley. Never seen one before except in movies.
 
Okay, done with pictures and talking about this awesome roadtrip vacation. Need sleep desperately. Don't know what time we will be up in the morning. Very soon I will get back to talking about books, I swear. But for now, VACATION!
Until Saturday.

Comments

Popular Posts