Craving Fellow Bookworms


I sort of feel cheated. I just found this on google, and now I am sort of sad. Neither of my parents are readers.  I know where my love of books comes from, however.  My older siblings.  Miranda, Carrie, and Brian. Though where they got their love of books, I don't know.  And none of them love books the way I do. 

I know Miranda and Carrie liked reading V.C. Andrews when they were younger, and Brian is the reason behind my love of Piers Anthony, but I never did inherit any books from them. However, Carrie and I have a constant book-swap going. We pick up books from secondhand stores, yardsales, flea markets, etc. Then we read and swap with each other. I am blessed for that. Though, honestly, she doesn't really make much time for reading, so it isn't like I have someone to discuss the books with once we've both read them. Maybe she reads one book for every twenty I read, so...

I try talking my friend into reading books I've read, but she only reads maybe a few times a year. And not even from a love of stories and words. For her, it is out of boredom and lack of anything else going on in her life. So sad.

My niece loves to read, but she is eighteen and has a very serious boyfriend she spends lots of time with. So she doesn't read too much anymore.

My brother-in-law's niece and I had started a long-distance bookclub for a while. I miss it! I should message her on FB to see if she ever did finish Stephen King's It. We were reading it together and updating each other everyday on FB and discussing what was going on in it for a while. We were even going through Grim's Fairytales together. Then she sort of stopped reading It and I finished, and she never caught up. Our bookclub is now over, apparently.

I live in a horrible place for bookworms. There aren't any bookworms that I know of here. So I can't start a bookclub.

I do have Lynsi. She is the one who hooked me onto the Fever series, but she doesn't read the same books I do. Sigh. There just is nobody to share with, really.

I am a member of a few bookclubs on goodreads.com, but I don't get to the library enough now that my car hates me. So I can't even get my hands on the books those groups are reading. Sigh. I can't wait to move away from here.

Comments

Popular Posts