Darn You Water Pipes!



Last week was spring break. I had the girls all week. Every single day, all day. Somehow I managed to produce at least 3,000 words a day. Well, at least three of those five days I did. I was all ready to get back on schedule this week and work in the silence of an empty house. Just me, a pot of coffee, my dogs, cat, and my word processor...

Yesterday was that call from M about the water pipes being broken. So, sleepy, I climb out of bed and get ready for a shower. If we have no water in Valley, I want a shower before I leave cause even I can smell myself at this point, and I don't smell like roses. Turns out I'm out of certain articles of clothing. Fine, I'll shower at home, even with low water pressure.

Four years old, and six years old, and I don't get anything done all day Monday with those two. I plan on getting my shower after they've gone to bed, but my friend tried calling Sunday and asked if she could call. Spend a few hours on the phone with her. Grab my clothes, go into the bathroom, stare at the bathtub. Rub my eyes and go crawl into bed telling myself I'll shower in the morning afer the girls are in school.

Richelle texts: No school!

I need these little ANGELS in school! I can't do this anymore! I'm going to pull my hair out. I love them, but I like them way more when I don't have to put up with them all day! Love how I have to feed and water a dog that isn't mine, and take care of children who aren't mine. Sigh. (M's puppy who gets no love or attention chained up in the backyard. I make sure she has water and food.) Speaking of food, what am I supposed to feed the girls? Can't really feed them any of my food since I did that all last week and am now low. M doesn't really have much other than forzen chicken and tuna helper. (Do we even have tuna?)

Needless to say I won't be getting much writing done today. I'm going to try! I will put the TV on for them here in the living room, plug in my earbuds and work. They can be jumping on the sofa, pushing each other into furniture, pulling each other's hair, and I can pretend I don't see it so that I can write this last scene!

I hope I survive. As it is, it is 8:30 in the morning. I had to very sloooowly fill pans with water and boil them on the stove and in the microwave while lukewarm water was trying to trickle into the tub enough for a bath. The water was worse this morning. My hair didn't get washed, but now I don't stink! Yay me! Felt like I was living in a time before indoor plumbing. Almost.

My coffee is done! A mug of that, couple antacids, I'll be good to go. I hope they sleep until ten!

Comments

Popular Posts