Real People? I Prefer Fictional



It is absolutely an excuse to stay away from real people.  I thought I was the only person who decided to be a writer for this reason, but turns out I'm not the only non-sociable writer out there.  I don't function well with others, I'm not a people person.  Sure, I can be around people and survive, but only just.  I did okay at Barnes & Noble, I was fine when I worked a few months at Wal-Mart. But I prefer to stay away from society.  Give me a creepy, old, rundown house out on a lake with my laptop anyday over any social obligations.  I'd prefer sitting around in my jammies, pot of coffee purfuming the air, word processor open and waiting for me than to go out in public.  Unless I have alcohol.  That makes everything better, makes social interaction more tolerable.

Anyway, this is my first official blog from my home.  Not from my phone, either.  I am online, on my computer, sitting in jammies in my big comfy chair where I work on my novel masterpieces.  Finally we have internet.  Finally we have wireless and it is hooked up!  I'm thrilled.

Only damper on this day is the fact that I got a phone call around 7:50 this morning (ten minutes before my alarm was to go off) from my sister.  I was at Mom's planning to spend some time with her before she drove me home to pick up my niece from school...Well, the school was closed today.  No water because of a busted pipe. Wonderful.  Can I please come home within the next two hours to pick the girls up from Richelle's? She's busy and can't watch them today.

Sigh.  No work happening today.  Guess I'll be playing on fb all day because there is nothing better to do while the girls are yelling and playing loudly and bothering me every few seconds cause someone pushed someone, she stole my toy, Sienna slapped me, I'm hungry, can you kiss my owie, can we watch Twilight?.....

Have a great day! They'd better get their water issues fixed tonight! I have a book to finish! Should be finished already, but life keeps interrupting.

Comments

Popular Posts