All In A Day's Work


I was desperately needing my coffee this morning. Wanted to sit with my book and get some stuff written without a headache and sleepy eyes. So I made coffee, fixed the girls' hair, texted my friend to see if she'd run Kira to school because my car is literally sitting on empty (which is normal these days). "Sure," she says. "Be there in five!"

Then she's calling. Her car won't start. Can I come give her a jump after I drop off Kira and her daughter can go in late?

My battery light has been on for a week ... yeah, there was not enough power to jump her car! We tried, left it connected for a half hour even, but no go. Her and I in the front seat of my tiny little Nissan, her three kids in the back. I had parked my car squished between her van and the fence so I could reach her battery. When I had to back out, her car would be moved. ... Nope. Since jumping it didn't work. So I had to back out! Me! I look like I'm drunk when I try to back out of anywhere, not going to lie. I'm an excellent driver ... unless you make me back a car up!

I run them to the school, stop at headstart for her daughter. Drive around to the main school and she walks her other daughter in. By this point I'm really craving my coffee I'm sure is sitting in the carafe, growing colder the longer I'm gone. Hadn't brushed my teeth yet, my hair is literally crazy! Went to bed with wet hair, didn't even brush my bangs flat, so they bend all funny, have hair at the back sticking up. I'm wearing my jammies, I'm a mess.

While I was in the car and she was running the kids inside, I felt something bite my leg behind my knee. Though, "Tick!!?!" I couldn't find anything. Get home, feel it again. Check. Tick! Fling it off me, spend ten minutes shaking out my pant leg, searching the floor for the damn thing. Find it across the room and grabe the huge lighter gun we use for candles and barbequed that little fecker!

It is almost ten and I'm finally about to open my word processor and I'm finally chugging my first mug of coffee. Was still hot, the coffee pot hadn't shut off yet!

Work, here I come!

 
My crazy bangs I didn't bother to brush while they were still wet last night! This is why I need my straightener!

Comments

Popular Posts