The Host Movie



Okay, so they ruined the movie, but I still cannot wait to buy the DVD. Maybe I won't mind the second time around. The whole time sitting there in the theater, I kept huffing angrily and whispering to my sister. You know, if they'd left out the scenes that WEREN'T EVEN IN THE BOOK, perhaps there would have been enough time to put in more of the good stuff that actually WAS IN THE BOOK. (The Host by Stephanie Meyer, in case you have no idea who Ian O'Shea is.)

Also, should have been broken down into two parts. That was awefully fast for everyone to accept Wanda...I recall it taking more time than the blink of an eye and the switch of a scene.

Anyway. Book aside, it was good. I would love this movie more if I'd never known a book existed for it. Which is ridiculous. Is this not called Every Book and Cranny? Am I not an avid reader, bookworm, book worshiper? Of course I knew about the book. Knew the second it was on the shelves. (Was working at Barnes & Noble at the time.)

Go see it. Read it, then see the movie. (In that order, you don't want the book destroyed in your mind by watching the movie first. Trust me.)

Comments

Popular Posts