Carnal Innocence


I've been reading a lot of books lately that I read back in high school. Don't know why, I have an entire stack of books I have never read and have been holding onto for years wanting to read. But, I found Carnal Innocnece online the other day. The movie. Watched it, thought it was good, and had to go read the book. The story seemed very familiar to me, but I was addicted to Nora Roberts when I was in high school, I could not tell you which I've read and which I haven't. So, about chapter seven, I realized: Yep. Read this! It was a scene that I knew and remembered, but wasn't in the movie, so I knew I had read the book before. I like it. Four stars. Her Blue Smoke, that was Five stars, but this one is at least a four!

I've been spoiled my my word processor. I highlight the titles here that need to be italicized, and move the mouse up a fraction waiting for the little box to pop up for me to hit the I. Then I remember this is online, and that feature isn't here. I have to actually move the cursor to the top of the page for the I. Sigh.

Lond day. Carnival at the school. I went and had a group of four headstart children, my niece and my friend's girl were in my group, and we went all over the gym playing games and using up tickets. They had a blast, but it is quite a hike between the headstart building and the gym. I was wore out after all was done. Signed Kira out, we went home. Put on a movie for us. Made lunch. Tucked her in for naptime. Then I hauled heavy boxes to my car. And laundry. Our washer just died. Again. Have to fix it. Again. So I figure, might as well take a couple loads of laundry to my sister's house and bring a bunch more of my crap and paint my new bedroom walls while I'm there. My day is not ever half finished, and there will be no time for working on my books today.

I'm getting old. My back can't take this! LOL!

I have the first Black Daggar Brotherhood book on hold on the online library. That is my next huge book-reading adventure. Keep checking my email to see if it is ready for me, but so far, nope.

Comments

Popular Posts