Lover Mine


Ten stars. Can't help it, John Matthew and Xhex are among my favorite characters, it was inevitable that their book in the series would be one of my favorites, outshining Vishous and Jane. Xhex is an amazing character. She's tough, can take care of herself, and isn't prone to stupid, fluffy, girlie moments. Which I absolutely love. I'm not one for frills either, so this kick-ass character has much respect from me.  Even so, I have to admit those vulnerable moments of hers are beautiful because you know that they are not the norm. The fact that she allows them for and because of John Matthew is what makes it beautiful.

Anyway, just the best book in the series. I've started the next, and really like it so far. But I'm waiting impatiently to get to Qhuinn and Blay's. According to EVERYONE, that's the best one. I think I'll probably agree there, as well, once I've read it. Qhuay scenes in Lover Mine and Lover Unleashed are among my favorite scenes, and we know how much I love JM and Xhex, so that's saying something.

 

 
My favorite picture of John Matthew. Found this online. No other picture does him justice, in my opinion.


My favorite picture of Xhex, though there isn't much of her in the picture. I think it is the look on her face, in her eyes, the expression on her face that makes me see the character here. Plus, I always have trouble getting into the characters with short hair, and the way she's done here works fine with me. I actually like the short hair for her in this picture.

Comments

Popular Posts