Lover Unleashed

 
Five stars, as is usual for the Black Dagger Brotherhood books! I am a Payne fan. She's another awesome, kick-ass female! Fights right along with the Brotherhood, how can you not respect that? This book worried me, though. Given Ward's tendency to give each character a specific physical defect, I was very worried through the whole book, but it worked out fine in the end. Thank goodness. I mean, with a blind king, John Matthew having no voice box, Zsadist with his face scarred, Phury and his prosthetic leg ... This book just fits right in with all that.
 
Writing a blog about this series without giving stuff away is NOT easy. So much I want to say, but not gonna say a thing. Just in case.

 
These two fit as the characters just fine for me, but really I see Payne more like the picture below!
 
 
Yep, there's Payne, daughter of the Scribe Virgin, twin of Vishous! Daughter of the Bloodletter.
 
 
Annnnnnnd another candidate for Manuel. (I am soooo a Castle fan! Love me some Esposito!)
 
Now I'm reading Lover Reborn, which is Tohr's story. Better than I had expected already, and I'm only 135 pages in. Tohr breaks my heart, poor guy. 
 
Next book after this? The much awaited, very anticipated, already-my-favorite-though-I-haven't-read-it-yet LOVER AT LAST! Who doesn't love Qhuinn and Blaylock?! Their story just twists my emotions and brings on the waterworks even more than V's did or Z's. More than poor Tohr who is mourning his Wellsie. Qhuay just breaks my heart. Yup. Really in a hurry to get to the next book.
 
After this series, I am going back to working ALL THE TIME on my own books. Been too long, but I'm living between three houses right now, babysitting all the time still, and just plain trying not to go insane with the chaos my life has become. But soon I'll know if my sister has a job at the school so I don't have to watch the girls anymore except for special occasions. That'll be nice.  
 

Comments

Popular Posts