Uncontrollable Outbursts and Sleep-Deprivation



If I were not the only person in the house, I'm sure someone would have me committed to an asylum. Lukily, I manage to somehow contain myself while others are around, but when I'm the only one home ... ?

I start laughing loudly, I read passages out loud that I found so funny I want to HEAR them too! I giggle uncontrollably, bawl insanely, shout in anger, and throw tantrums when something happens in that fictional world I exist in between the pages of my book that causes so much stress and anger and sadness all at once!

My Sophie (she's my sheltie) runs from the room as fast as her three legs can carry her, terrified Mama has lost her brains at last. Kenni (my mutt) gives me her raised-brow look like she's seriously doubting my sanity, which is understandable. My cat Sirius Black slinks from the room and stays clear of me, preferring to spend his time in the living room window instead of lying across my back when I go into my fictional fits.

And as I'm reading The Black Dagger Brotherhood series, you can understand how often these outbursts happen! Not exaggerating here, the past two weeks I've not slept more than three or four hours a night. I tend to stay up until sunrise reading, then sleep maybe three hours before I come wide awake with my book on my brain. I jump right into reading again, forgetting to even eat breakfast! After a few days of this, I have worn out my coffee pot and the words start twisting and blurring before my very eyes. I end up passing out with my cheek squished against the book cause I dropped mid-sentence. I wake early the next morning to my light still being on.

I've consumed so much coffee. I'm telling you, my brain isn't funtioning well these days. When I'm tired and it is three in the morning, I make coffee instead of, oh I don't know, GOING TO BED!!!???  Yup, this series is one of those EPICS you run into every so often. The fact that I discovered this series the same year I discovered Fever by Karen Marie Moning is just amazing! Well, not so much amazing as inevitable given my fellow BookWhore friend Lynsi.  We spent four hours the other night on Facebook talking in circles about the book.

Okay, I don't have time to write more. Lover Reborn is calling for my attention! I must see what happens with Tohrment and No'One (AKA Autumn, I'm most certain)! Not to mention John Matthew and Xhex have things going on in this book. ... Blaylock and Qhuinn ...

And this. Just because I found it in my pictures and had to laugh. Now I want to watch the movie and read the book!! (The Princess Bride, in case you are not cool and don't get this.)

Comments

Popular Posts