Now The Words Flow


Today is a good day for writing. Within an hour and a half I had another thousand words of story.  I worked all last night until four in the morning, and mostly that was organizing story notes and staring at the screen of my computer waiting for genius to strike.  Two pots of coffee, four in the morning, I finally called it quits at 1,400 new words.  Hours and hours, and that's all I had to show.

Today is quite the opposite. The story is writing itself. Though, last night I was writing a murder scene.  And, as I've never been murdered, that was a bit more difficult.  Right now I'm working on a family scene.  That I know perfectly well, as I am a member of a large, loud, rowdy bunch.  So writing about a girl getting killed in the park is more time consuming than describing a family lunch with lots of chatter and kids sneaking food to the dogs.  David's family is like my own, even the Catholic-ness.  (I'm not Catholic, but I was raised one, so I can easily write David's family.)

Hopefully it will continue to flow smoothly for a while to make up for yesterday's frustrations.  Even now, I don't feel that murder scene was properly written.  I'll be editing it soon, I'm sure.  Even had to read a scene from a book last night to try to get in the right murder-character mind frame. Helped a little, but still needs work.

All right, back to it.  I'll be working through the day and well into the night.

Comments

Popular Posts