Ramblings of a Sleep-Deprived Workaholic

 
After staying up all night because I couldn't sleep, giving up at six this morning and going to work on my book, and I just now stopped working and it's seven in the evening, I hardly want to spend a half hour fighting my computer to post some damn pictures on blogger. Seriously, got kicked off the internet after it froze and wouldn't do anything. GRR.
 
Anyway, I did work 13 hours today on no sleep. I didn't even have coffee. Last cup I had was sometime around nine or ten last night! So all the work I did today was done on sleep deprivation.  Wow, did I get a lot done.
 
 
 
Today I feel like a workaholic. And really I am.  But this week is all kinds of messed up. Tomorrow is grocery day, then I'm going to my sisters for the entire week to watch her girls. Never work while I'm there, watching them is a job by itself, and I can't concentrate like I need to while there.
 
Luckily they start school next monday, so this is the last week she needs me for this. Then my actual sister (the one I live with and is related by blood) goes on the road. House to myself, unlimited time. Oh yeah, I'm going to turn my 53,658 words into 100,000! Easy and quick soon as I'm alone and left alone. It's really exciting to see how this all ends!! Not even I know. Well, not for sure, anyway.
 
 
You know what got me through this long workday without sleep? Jensen Ackles singing Angeles on youtube all day. Seriously. He sings. Jensen. Ackles. Sings.
 
Like I didn't already adore him, he goes and sings in that sexy voice. I would have never believed this if I didn't watch the video and see him singing it. I know that can be faked so easy, but seriously, the more you listen, the more you know it is his voice. He's sang along with the radio on Supernatural a few times, anyway.
 
Wow. Just wow. Go watch it. I'm thinking, "Where the fuck is his CD?"
 
Course, I think that about my friend's husband, cause let me tell you, that man has a wonderful country music voice! Didn't even realize who was singing.  Her phone goes off and I'm like, "LOVE that song, what is that? Who's singing?"
 
She looks at me like I've lost it. "Laura ... that's Chris."
 
Me: "Oooooh! You let me hear that the other day in the car, that's why it's familiar! Thought it was one of them new country stars!" LMAO!
 
And Maria, my friend and sister I babysit for all the time is on my iPod. Not any of her songs she wrote, but I have her singing Arms of the Angel. That's one of my favorites she did.
 
Wow, I know two singers, I'm a writer, and my friend is a writer. Now we only have to get out there, get to work and publish and record!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts