Procrastinating

This certainly describes me lately. I drink coffe 24/7 these days, I'm on Facebook too much, and I keep posting things while thinking I SHOULD be working on my book.

Well, I spend a lot of time Skyping with my friend, then when she goes to bed I get ready to write ... and that's when my co-author gets online and we plan and plot. And tonight ... somehow we have two more new characters and an eight book series. Perfectly legitimate reason for needing one more book. But that will end it.

8, 13, and 85. Lucky numbers. 8 books, 13 main characters throughout. 8 male characters, 5 female ones. The year I was born. 13 is her favorite number and one of my favorites. The year this series began. It's all a bit perfect, really. We have plot for each of them, we have bits of scenes and dialogue. Location and setting. I even have pictures of all the characters on my computer, pictures of their clothing styles, their furniture. Their pets. All neatly organized.

Right now there are 56,260 words. I have two months to finish this first book before NaNoWriMo starts. I don't want to put this book aside for a month then go back to it. Rather have it finished before I start something completely different for NaNo. Going to be interesting to see if I can do this. Struggling with my focus the past few days. Only wrote 400 words today. But I have three or four hours to work before I need sleep. Can't skip sleep tonight because I'm skipping sleep tomorrow. (Four nieces and my nephew coming over for a sleepover, my bed will be crowded, and the girls are wild sleepers. Figured I'd stay up and just work while they slept).

Okay, tired, rambling. Procrastinating. Doing EVERYTHING but what I need to be doing right now.

Oh, and thank you Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) for being the face behind Micah Garbhan.

Comments

Popular Posts