Delicious Possibilities


Even if the morning comes in the afternoon.

After nearly a month of depression and avoiding my book, I am writing again.  About time, I know, but I was in a really bad funk, thanks to my co-author and a few other factors.

I think that if I focus strongly on my writing for the next week, I could be finished with this book by next Friday! Possibly. Thinking about what's to come next, I can see the end close at hand. But whenever I calculate how much more of the story needs telling, I usually have a bit more to tell than I originally thought. For example, I'll think, "Only five more scenes to write!" Then, before I can even take another breath, I either realize I had forgotten a small detail which gives me another couple of scenes, or I come up with new ideas and plot twists that cannot be completed in my original five scenes.  Before I know it, I have nearly two times more to write than I'd thought!

But I have a delicious new coffee (Some Dunken Donuts brand of berry-flavored coffee I can't get enough of), new motivation, and willpower like none other when it comes to finishing this book!

 This is it! The new coffee I bought! Yum! Goes wonderful with a little Coldstone Sweet Cream coffee creamer! Berries and cream! It is wonderful! Not as bold as my sister and I like, though, so I just discovered if I do two scoops of this and one scoop of Sumatra, it is PERFECT! Bold berries and cream!

Okay, back to work. I need about four thousand words before I go to bed tonight!

Oh, and a Captain Boe update! It has been about two weeks, and Boe is still hidden from my sister. She has no idea. I want to tell her about the new kitten, but I might need some alcohol first. Loosen the tongue a bit. ...

Or I can tell Carrie about Boe when I'm moving out. "Hey, sis, look at this kitten who's been living in my room since the summer of 2013. *Smile, smile.* Isn't she sweet?"

Sigh. Doesn't really matter. Needing my own place so I can not stress about keeping a kitten hidden is AMAZING motivation to work.

Comments

Popular Posts