Finish Line


I can't believe how close I am to finishing my book. I have about 15,000 words to go, and 5,000 of that can easily be used when I go back to edit.  There are a few details I need in the story that helps set up another book in this series that I forgot to include. So really there's 10,000 words to go and I'm through. I am in a state of sleepy shock right now.

It's two in the morning and I am determined to finish the chapter I'm working on. It is coming along nicely ... when I remember I'm writing in past tense, not present tense!  I swear that readinf Fifty Shades of Grey has messed with my writing.  That book is present tense, and I discovered half the scene I was working on yesterday is written in present tense. GRR. Had to go fix the whole thing, and that wasn't easy.  My brain doesn't want to cooperate with me. 

Anyway, before I get back to work, a quick update on my new kitten.  Captain Boe had to be kennelized for a week until I could get to the vet and get her de-worming medicine.  I also stopped by the feed store and bought two sets of kitten shots.  NEVER have I done them myself, I've always gone to the vet and paide the ridiculously enormous price of having my animals taken care of.  However, right now funds are VERY limited, and I decided to give her the shots myself.  Really, how hard could that be? ...

Poor baby! Not only did I procrastinate for days, but when I finally worked up my courage and poked her in the back of her neck with the needle, I wasn't sure it penetrated the skin, so I ended up poking her three times! She meowed at me a lot, I screamed when I finally broke skin and injected the medicine under her skin.  I was shaking by the time I was through. 

And I get to do that again in about three weeks.  Yay me ...

I also bought expensive kitten flea shampoo because I keep getting bit, and this is starting to really drive me nuts!  I gave her a bath, but I discovered that the fleas are mostly living in her whiskers where I can't wash her.  So I have to deal with this until I can get to the vet for a flea pill. DAMMIT! And I have another cat, two dogs, and my sister has a dog.  We're going to be treating the entire house for fleas!  One kitten was all it took, and I'm covered in itchy bumps.  Really irritating.  I could take sandpaper to my skin right now.

On a happy note, I bought her a pretty pink collar with green, white, and light pink polka dots and a bell! 


Sigh. She's so sweet. Such a cuddle bug.  I am so ready to finish writing this book, edit it, find a publisher.  I want to let the vet worry about shots, LOL! I want my own place to live, too.  That's a big MUST on my list.  I need an office with a desk and a real desk chair.  You have any idea how painful it is to write while sitting on a hard bench at the kitchen table? And this is the most uncomfortable couch I've ever sat on in my life.  I need a decent writing space.

Comments

Popular Posts