NaNoWriMo!!!!

 
 
I'm getting excited and nervous the closer to November it gets! This is going to be my first NaNoWriMo ever! I discovered the book when I worked at Barnes & Noble, had no idea what it really was about. Finally I read it, but not in time for last November. This year, I'm preparing for the best November of my life!
 




A little toon for laughs. I even received an e-mail this morning from a writing blog I subscribed to. It has tips about how to plan and get ready for NaNo. Read the book, obviously. But I've done that. Have notes and plot figured out ... well, I do have notes. Don't even have my heroine's name, but that'll come to me instantly when I begin writing. Always does. Find a friend who will also be doing NaNo so I have someone to complain to, brainstorm with, and someone who knows what I'm going through.

I don't have friends. Well, I have a few. But my best friend doesn't like books (go figure), my other best friend never talks to me hardly (too busy with work and her two daughters), my OTHER best friend doesn't read or write ever (doesn't like books and is a full-time mom of three). Luckily I have my co-author friend to go to during November! The only thing is, she won't be doing NaNo. She has a book she is working on that she hasn't touched in two months. She comes up with awesome ideas, plans the entire story ... then doesn't write it. That's her biggest writing flaw: she doesn't write it. Can't get it from her head to the paper. Gets bored with it, too, because she already knows what's going to happen.

 
As of today I have thirteen days to finish writing the book I've been working on. I don't want to just leave it for a month while I jump headfirst into a new project. It is almost done, but I won't have time to go back and add the bits of scene here and there that I forgot to include in the first draft of it. Very important little pieces that help set up book three. :)
 
However, that can come later. If I could at least finish the book in thirteen days, all the editing and adding can come later. I only have about 10,000 words to go, but I've been letting myself get distracted lately.  And for some reason I haven't hardly had any coffee lately! I must go make some coffee NOW!!
 
Except I have to go wash my face, brush my teeth, tame my wild, wavy hair. Day out with my mom and sister! (We're just running to town to the library and store and who knows what else?)
 
So, good luck to any NaNoWriMoers out there attempting to write a 50,000 word book in one month!! 

Comments

Popular Posts