A Lovely Distraction


All right, audience of no one! It's been a while since my last post, but oh well. Nobody reads this shit anyway. And I've been way too busy trying to catch up on my NaNoWriMo word count that I've yet to meet once! I have not once hit my daily word count goal, and it is now officially the seventh day of November! But I've been too busy falling in love.

Not complaining about that at all, but what a time for life to throw Heath at me. Honestly. I'm not sure if he's more of a writing motivation or a distraction. Leaning toward distraction at the moment! But you can't choose who or when, and this happened without me expecting it! Out of nowhere here's this amazing guy I could absolutely see myself spending the rest of my life talking about comic book movies with and playing Scrabble.

Anyway. Just want to say to fate: Your timing is, as always, impeccable. I've made up a calendar on my computer for what I call NaNo Writing Lock-ins. Yup. There is a lock-in scheduled for every four days for this month. Starting on the ninth. I will not talk to or see anyone. I will stay glued to my computer with the internet OFF so that I'm either writing or playing Spider Solitaire. Hopefully more writing than the solo card game. We shall see. And if I happen to write PAST the daily word count of 1,667 words (I think), then I'll reward myself with some time to FINALLY edit The Cottage. Pretty sure I want that book finished and published already. Since that was my FIRST project as a full time writier ... two years ago? Yeah, pretty sure it was nearly two years ago. So, yeah.

Two manuscripts, a book nearly done, and my NaNo project that will be book FOUR that is done and needing to be edited for publication. Like I joke to everyone I know, I'll have ten books written before any are published. In which case, by December that means six more to go! :)

All right. Creeping closer to five in the morning. I think sleep is now my number one priority. Tomorrow (today) is going to be a long work day for me. I need four thousand words tomorrow and three thousand the day after in order to get my word count where it needs to be by the eighth. Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular Posts