Packing, Art, and a Killer Doll



And write them.

My plan had been to wake up every morning at four and edit another book I have written until about ten. Then from ten a.m. until three or four p.m. I was going to draw out scenes and characters from The Cottage for a new book trailer and to post on Facebook ...

I've been packing and sorting through my stuff, making a list, finding my suitcase, debating a carry-on bag ...

I'm going home for six weeks!!! I cannot wait! I miss my family and beautiful Washington state!! I'll be at my niece's wedding!! And my baby sister is also getting married, I'll be there for that, too! I'm really excited and the next six days aren't going to move along fast enough.

They're also going to go too fast. Because while I'm packing to move, packing for a six week stay in Washington, and trying to promote The Cottage ... I'm also really needing that artwork done and my other book edited! And I have six days!

Guess art supplies are being packed into my suitcase! LOL! And I'll try and make time to edit when everyone else is asleep while I'm on this little vacation.

I feel like I've been running around with no head for a few days now.

OH! And I found a children's book I had written years ago. It's based on one of my childhood memories, and I really want to start working on the art for it. It's a picture book/poem. It exists thanks to my wonderful sister Carrie and her imagination.

When I was little she had a key she told me opened a door to a magical world. I remember wandering around our gramma's house for hours trying to fit the key into every hole and knick in the wall. I imagined leprechauns and gold, fluffy clouds and rainbows. Unicorns ... it was enchanting and had my imagination going crazy! I swear I even visited this world several times in my dreams, it was a very clear picture I carried around with me for years after.

And it was either turn this into a children's book or the story she told me about the doll that comes alive at night and kills the entire family while they slept ...

I was about five. It was Christmas eve. She told me this, and then Toy Story gave me nightmares when it came out.

Okay, I'm done reminiscing. Thanks Carrie for the stories, both the enchanting ones and the frightening ones. I bet this is where my love of storytelling came from!

Comments

Popular Posts