Zoe and Books


Love this picture. Found it online. Works perfectly, because this is sort of how my character Zoe looks. When she bothers to put gunk in her wild hair to tame it.

I am working on a book I started some time ago. I have lots of those, but this one really needs to be finished. My sister is always asking me if I've worked on it and asking when I am going to because she wants to finish reading it. And it's a really fun book to write, especially since I prefer writing this one while I'm tossing back occasional shots of vodka.

Also, I now have my niece who will be helping me with artwork!! She's going to help me with the art for my published book The Cottage. Need some stuff to start a website. And she will help me figure out where exactly this book should go since I have several ideas. And she can help with the cover, too. Nice to be living with my family. I have several artisic people I can go to if I want some help.

 
 
Four stars for The Secret Garden. Love it, just liked A Little Princess more. But this book is still amazing. Grew up on the movie, love it.

 
 
Paradise gets three stars, and that might be a bit generous. It was ... well, I didn't reallly care for the story. I didn't see what happened coming, but by the end of the book, I sort of just felt like ... what was the point of this story? And I couldn't find a reason for it. It felt empty of meaning. Pointless. I guess I should be more generous with my thoughts on this book. After all, between this book and Safe Haven by Sparks, I did come up with my own beach town story to write. So ... yeah. At least this book gave me an idea.

 
 
Five stars. Naturally. Cornelia Funke always gets five stars. I just love her books. This one was better than the second in the series, though. Inkspell was probably my least favorite of the three. Just so many characters to keep track of and remember and ... I don't know. Shrug.
 
Reading the second Peculiar Children book by Ransom Riggs right now. Loving it. Also several other books being read, and hopefully soon I can start a few others I've been wanting to read. There are simply not enough hours in a day.
 
Back to Zoe. Her book must be written.


Comments

Popular Posts