A Review!!!

All this time later, and I just found this. I had no idea I had a review on Amazon for my book!! I teared up all emotional over this. Here I thought the only people who'd read my book were family, friends, and old high school teachers! And here's proof that at least one other person, a complete stranger, not only read it, but enjoyed it!! I'm so happy about this!! If this doesn't motivate me to hurry and get to work on finally finishing the sequel, I don't know what will.

I've spent the morning searching for the font I used for the cover of The Cottage because I want my books to match, but I can't find it anywhere. I was resigned to use the font from my character drawings, but then realized something ... all the letters I need for Landoth are on my first book's cover! So, here I go, about to sketch the cover for Landoth. Hopefully I'll also do a little rewriting today as well.

I've come up with a legend for my book. I was at work the other day and thinking that the merfolks in my book needed a legend, a reason why they are the way they are. So the story just came to me out of nowhere! Need to find a good place to write this into my book.

Also, a new story idea came to me. I have time to think at work LOL, and I was thinking a story centered around a woman who starts project after project and never finishes them might be fun to write ... then the story idea came to me. Just like that! Wrote it all down in my donut notebook at work, stuffed the pages into my pocket. It'll have to collect dust for a while, I have too many book projects going at once, but someday.


Currently reading UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn. I'm about half through it, and already I know it's getting at least four stars from me. It's good, I can't put it down. I almost clock in late everyday from my lunch because I don't want to stop reading!

And, in case you're curious, no. I didn't survive NaNo this year either. Sigh. Perhaps next year. The first time, I just wasn't into the story I'd started. This time, I really WAS into the story, and got a pretty good chunk written. Want to continue it and finish the character drawing I started. I just got busy and let the word count get out of hand.

Next November, though. I feel like this could be the November I survive it. I won't give up until I do!

Ahhh! Someone read, liked, and reviewed my book! MINE! Me, a nobody who loves to write just for the thrill of creating worlds and characters and images with the use of words!

And I want to cry again! Suzi, whoever you are, you just made my hard work pay off. I don't care if my books ever go far, don't care if I ever become a mainstream author or not. Don't care if people never know my name. This right here made all the work worth it. Someone read my words, and she liked them. That's all I needed right there. :)

Comments

Popular Posts