My Creative Space ... and a Diet?


While I write, I like seeing my characters. Helps me to remember who they are, to think about how they'd react to the situations I put them in, what they'd probably say and do ... So, I bought a ginormous dry-erase board for above my desk and placed their drawings on it. It's better than a window. :)

There are dozens of characters I'd like to draw still. Finding the time to do so ... I can barely find the time to write. I cannot wait until I can quit my day job and write full time!!! 


My bedside tables. My roommate gave me the tall white shelf that matched my smaller one. I needed it! I had a stack of books on the floor between my bed and other bedside table that I wanted to find a home for. Now they have one.


A collage of my books. I love looking at them, wandering around the room and running my fingers lovingly over the spines. Sigh. 


Aaaaannnnd ... Completely NOT book related ... My roommate and I made a commitment to get healthy!! My sister and I were talking back in November, I think, about dieting together. We wanted to start on January first so that we didn't hate the diet for making us miss out on the holidays.

This is what mine and my roommate's fridge looked like when we first set out. There's less in there now, but still the same things. Lots of fruits and veggies. In the freezer is my frozen meat, quick and convenient meals for the week.

My sister and I meet once a week to do our grocery shopping, then it's back to her place to try a few recipes, divide the food, put it all into Ziploc bags with the calories written on them in sharpie. It sometimes feels like a bit of work, but we have fun on our shopping day.

I'm proud to say that I've lost 25 pounds in sixteen days. I feel healthier, more energetic, and ... I'm so SICK of apples LOL! I want to say I'll never eat another apple my entire life, but that's false. This diet is the groundwork for the way I'll eat the rest of my life. I want to be healthy instead of feeling like a fat blob! And since I want to spend my life in front of a computer creating magical worlds and amazing characters ... probably best if I eat more salad than pizza.



Here's my awesome bed!! LOL! I named this blog My Creative Space ... figured I should share more than just my books and character collage.  I know, I'm a geek. Proud of it!

Comments

Popular Posts