Shattered



I've been on an obsessed path lately, I'll freely admit this. My fiance and I have decided to foster to adopt, and I've done nothing but obsess over baby stuff. We barely made this decision ... a month or two ago? And the nursery is nearly complete. But now, broke, we must hold off on all the other (expensive) things we need to do in order to have a child placed in our home. Like physicals, vaccines, fire escape ladders ...

The list goes on and on.

Yesterday my sister randomly decided to share the link to my book on Amazon on her Facebook page. She tagged me in it then texted me that she hoped it would help to sell copies. Bless her heart. She's so sweet. It was a nice thought, but since I've only ever sold copies to friends and family, and only years ago when it was published ...

It won't be selling anymore, I'm sure. However, she did motivate me to work. I'm terrible at the promoting-my-book-and-myself step in becoming a successful author. I have no knack for that at all. I just want to write down the fantasies in my head as they come to me, I don't want to act all self-centered and do what many other authors do: promote themselves and their books until you're sick of them!

Well, something like that. I actually think it's more about having the confidence that your book is amazing and promote it by doing all that social media stuff I'm terrible at, blabbing on and on about how amazing your book is and how awesome you are ...

I'm not good at selling myself, I think is what it is. I've always been too awkward and uncomfortable with that kind of attention.

Way off topic, as happens a lot with me ... So, my wonderful sister motivated me to work. Since I have no more money to purchase baby clothes to fill Charlie's closet ... I'm going to get back to writing to pass the time. I should really work on Landoth (Second book to The Cottage), but Shattered has my attention. I really want to finish this book. It's nearly written, I stopped working on it when I was only about five chapters from the end.

And, no. This isn't going to be the cover ... I don't think. I'm going to fix it up and change the author name back to my own. I am borrowing a drawing tablet from a friend. I'll use it for the art. (To think I used to frown at people who called themselves artists and used drawing tablets ... That's not REAL art, I thought. It is. You still have to be able to draw, and on an electronic device! Way harder! But easier to fix mistakes and undo things. Erasers only go so far ... )

Now I'm off to a completely made up island off the coast of Wales to follow my two main characters in their search for the truth! I would like to know the fate of a certain sad woman, neglected and abused ...

I will not say more. Only that this poor woman will need years of therapy (and several books) to get better, to become a complete human being.

(Brrr. My room is freezing. It is autumn, and I love it.)

Comments

Popular Posts