Scene-by-Scene and Bit-by-Bit


And this is where the magic happens. ... I know.  Glamorous, isn't it?  My messy desk full of clutter ...

I finished reading all that I had written and saved on my flash drive. About 45,000 words.  ... I knew some was missing, I just didn't know how much! Luckily my friend sent me the old emails I'd sent her with my book in them. She had about three chapters and a missing scene I didn't have.

I added all that to my book ... then realized still MORE was missing. I was devastated! I had worked so hard on this book years ago, was so proud of it, it's my favorite thing I've written so far, and I lost some of it! Even lost notes for books 5, 6, 7, and 8!!

Then I had a brilliant idea: what if I sent her more, she just doesn't have those emails anymore? Why not log into my old email account and see if they are in the sent folder?

Well, my email address was there in the old emails she had forwarded to me, and ... YES! I had used the password I use for everything! I was in!

And, what do you know?  There were three more missing chapters all neatly in three emails sent to another friend of mine! Thank goodness I like emailing my story in bits to friends so I can get their opinions!  Going through emails sent to the two of them, I managed to piece together almost all my story! I now have 76,224 words, and only one chapter is missing, but I can handle that. I'll figure it out and rewrite it.

I have a new writing buddy! While I miss my writing friend who started this book with me, she seems too busy these days to be online. So a work friend and I have started (as of yesterday) to meet and work on our books. This will help keep me focused and motivated.

This new friend likes my book I had started for NaNo November of 2015, and I'll eventually finish it. I have made a schedule for my four books I would like fully completed by this time next year. (And, no. I never finished a NaNo yet.  But my new writer friend and I will kick ass next November!)

Another day, another chapter.  Goodbye, I must write!

Comments

Popular Posts