Here We Go Again


December. That was the last time I think I worked on my books. Sad, really. I don't write often enough. I allow life to distract me from what I love.

Gotta make money, right?

Well, enough of that bullshit. (No, actually I still need my day job.) But after that day job, I decided it's time to get serious about writing again. I like working on my stories in the colder weather. I like doing everything in the colder weather of fall and winter. Come summer, I don't want to move. I get home from work and plop down at the computer to play Minecraft or Sims 4 ... It's just too damn hot to want to get motivated for anything.

But enough with the excuses. Yesterday I wrote 3,631 words for a book I started five years ago ...

And it's finished.

Yup. Just like that. Done.  Now to edit it and make the cover. I'm surprised that it only took one afternoon and less than four thousand words to finish it ... Why didn't I do that sooner?

Laziness. Stress over bills and life.

Evil day job.

Well, I'm not going to TRY to be a writer anymore. I'm going to BE a writer. To be a writer, one has to write.

Comments

Popular Posts