Pumpkin Ramblings


Pumpkins! Pumpkins everywhere!

Though it isn't even autumn yet, pumpkin spice is everywhere. ...

And I am one of those people! The ones who LOVE pumpkin everything! I'm so excited! I must have had at least five Pumpkin Spice Frappuccinos from Starbucks already.  Yesterday while grocery shopping, I found pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cereal, pumpkin bagels, pumpkin cream cheese, and pumpkin Cliff bars ... Yes. I bought all that.  And pumpkin coffee creamer and K cups.

It's amazing.

I once even had a recipe for pumpkin pasta ... it was actually pretty good. I need to find that recipe again ...

Nothing goes better with writing than coffee.  I enjoy a good cup of pumpkin coffee when I write. Something about autumn and pumpkins makes me want to write more, it motivates me. Probably because the weather is turning beautiful and crisp, I can snuggle in with a hot coffee and a cozy sweater and my word processor without sweating to death.

Unfortunately, I spent my lunch break from work running to the college to get my school books ... Yay ... (Sarcasm).  That means in a few short weeks, when the weather is so nice and I will be motivated to work my ass off on my books ... I'll be stuck working a full-time job AND doing homework all the time. One class is online only, and I had the teacher last spring ... Yeah. She's bored and has no life, and she LOVES nothing better than giving homework.

Seriously. She lives for it. She said be prepared for a heavy semester. Since it is all online, she said we'd better be ready to spend hours a day on the computer going over course material and doing homework ...

I almost decided to NOT take these classes. Was ready to drop them today just so I could spend the fall writing and drinking coffee. Especially since I'm not fully committed to spending the rest of my life wiping snot off of two-year-old noses, but I do love children. And it's an infant something or other class and ... wow. I can't even remember. But I do love my job, I do love children, so I'm going to finish this degree. Who knows where it may lead me. I just have to try and make time for school work and book work in between my job and Core training classes for foster care.

Not sure I ever mentioned, but James and I are working on getting licensed for foster care. We hope to adopt a few kids out of foster care eventually. Every Saturday in September is spent in these foster care classes.

I know! I'll give up sleeping! Yes! Problem solved! LOL! No sleep, and I can finish my book, earn a paycheck, get licensed for foster care, AND get my degree in early childhood education all at the same time.

Perfect. :)

Now I just need someone to come over and clean my apartment for free ...

Comments

Popular Posts