Scholastic Books!



I've discovered an amazing series of children's books that I need to collect! At work, sometimes our program supervisor does a Scholastic book order, and I ordered Love Monster and the Last Chocolate, not knowing that there are more Love Monster books! 



She had a coworker personally deliver the Scholastic catalogs to me in my classroom. Guess she was tired of me asking every single day when she would do another book order, then asking when she would have to papers ready for me to pick out books to buy. 

And there they were. A pack of Love Monster books ... Oh yea, I'm getting them. 



The problem with these orders is that it is so easy for me to spend a good $100 on books. "Honey, it's only another four dollars for this book! What a deal!"

I have to give myself a budget and seriously google these books to see which are worth my money and which aren't. Or which I can wait to get until later.


I managed to pick out 18 books for $50! Not bad, right?

I'm excited. I cannot wait to get my hands on them! My kids at work are going to love them, I just know it. I always get so excited to buy new books to share with them. One day, they will be for my own children I adopt, but for now, they are for my kids at work.


True, I prefer hardcover books over paperback, but these prices are just too good to turn my back on. Plus, later on I can replace them with hardcover versions. These'll do for now. 

Comments

Popular Posts