I'll Always Be Back


Finally writing again. Yes, I stopped for a while. I always do when I start to lose faith in myself. Then I remind myself that I've only ever sent The Cottage to one publisher before giving up, and Shattered to one agent before giving up ...

I'm easily scared away when turned down. I need to stop that. I know I'm good. And I am. It's not like those people on American Idol who really think they can sing and sound like dying walruses.

Right?

It's not like that.

No, I really do believe in myself, most of the time. I just get scared and stop trying for a while, but I always find my way back to books and stories.

I'm currently working on the sequel to Shattered. I might try sending out a few query letters this weekend for Shattered. This is the book I refuse to self publish on Amazon so it can disappear into nothingness online. This is it. This is the book. My ticket to being something more than I am.

Also, I recently received two more book crates! Yay! BookCase.Club and Blue Spider Books. As much as I love the two new hardcover YA novels I get through BookCase.Club, I think I'm going to cancel that one. Money is tight, I can't continue both boxes, or either, really.

I'm going to try to keep Blue Spider, though. I love hardcovers and YA, but there has been something magical about the Blue Spider books. Used paperbacks, books I never would have discovered or even looked at twice on my own. I've finished reading The Strain, and I'm halfway through the second book in the series. I just received the third one in the mail today. Thank you, Amazon!

I'll post pictures of the new books I received from both book boxes soon. I must get back to my own book. I have characters waiting with bated breath to find out what will become of them!

Happy reading!

Comments

Popular Posts