Daycation (I Totally Made That Word Up)

I'm a great procrastinator. I do it all the time. However, I realized something today ...

In February I posted on my Facebook page that I had around two thousand words of the second book done ...

It's almost the end of July and I just posted that I have about fifteen thousand words. In about five months, I only wrote thirteen thousand words. I really want to blame my job and busy life, but really it's me. I should make time to write every single day! Even if it's only an hour.

I'm working right now. I was stuck on which scene to write next, but I have that figured out now. And I was supposed to meet at a bookstore with a local NaNo writing group, but I didn't ...

Yesterday a friend and I went on a day trip! We had it planned for a while, and it exhausted me. I didn't want to leave my apartment today. We drove to Edmonds to take the Kingston Ferry across the water.



We went to Port Townsend and spent the day on the beach looking for sea glass. It was so much fun and relaxing! Spent all day laying there playing in the sand and pebbles.



After that, we stopped at a gift shop and bought some sea glass necklaces, and she bought me a sea glass picture frame as an early wedding present. (I also made her my maid of honor because she's epic and knows what to do to plan a wedding and I'm lost and have no clue what I'm getting myself into). 

She drove us next to see the Fort Worden bunker! It was amazing and creepy. Some group was there shooting a music video. She got their youtube information. They are pretty good. I'll have to ask her who they were. She's not shy, she got their information. I wandered away to take pictures of everything!





And I know I'm procrastinating. I should be writing right now. To the word processor!!!

Happy writing!

Comments

Popular Posts