I CAN Do This!

I am a writer because I write.

I had another idea for a book yesterday on my way home from my Wednesday only nanny gig. I saw a woman walking a dog by the coffee stand in Sultan. Her blond hair was in a knot on her head, she wore flannel and jeans, and it is fall.

Naturally for the last fifteen minutes of my drive I gave her a story, her dog has a name, and her walk home from getting coffee will be an eventful one! I made some notes on what I want for this book, and now I leave it for November.

Why, you ask?

NaNoWriMo!! I have NEVER successfully done this before. I've started NaNo twice before, and both times failed. I won't this time for several reasons.

Reason one: I am motivated! Each year I waste on just living paycheck to paycheck and if I'm not working or sitting in traffic or driving my fiance to and from work or dealing with our five animals and a house full of chores, I'm wasting my free time playing video games. No more. I'm not getting younger, and I really want to be a published author.

Reason two: We are now in a situation where I can quit my job! I have three shifts left, then I'm a full time writer! So I won't have to juggle work, two or three hours of commuting, five animals, and a messy, scatter-brained fiance on top of usual household chores. When November hits, I stop working on Shattered (I spent all day today reading through some of it, studying my notes, and outlining each book), and I dive right into this new inspiration I found at the coffee stand.

Reason three: One of my regular customers at work is a published author. She has a naughty cowboy series that's quite popular. She inspires me to get writing. When she comes into the store, I feel guilty if I haven't written anything. But last time she walked up to the doors in her horse-riding pants and walked in for her usual coffee and a banana and I was happy to tell her, "I did some writing!" Sure, it was for my blog I plan on starting, but it was writing, and she was pleased to hear this.

I really have to thank her if I see her again in my next three shifts. She makes me feel like, YES! I CAN do this. I can get paid to write, I can make a living doing what I love. She does, and she's writing books about bondage sex with cowboys!

Not that my books won't have that ... I should read one of her books for some inspiration when I get to book 5 of my series ...

Anyway, I'm just happy to be writing again, to be quitting my job and doing this full time. No more stupid job getting in the way of my dreams. I'm following them this time, and I won't quit until I find an agent who believes in me enough to give my books a chance!

Happy writing!



Comments

Popular Posts