Madhouse

We moved into our new house.  Not fully unpacked or set up yet, but it's only been two months.  There's a space issue.  We have none.

Small house, lots of people and stuff.  It was going to be me and my fiance and my mom.  Then my sister decided to move in and there goes our office.  We have a podcast we were dreaming of finally recording, I have books yet to be finished.  We can now afford me to quit work so I can write every day, all day ...

Now I don't have a writing space.  I'm currently sitting at the kitchen table working, but it's not easy.  I sat down at nine this morning to write, and Mom comes out of her room and starts talking.  Then she goes into her room and my sister Erin comes out and starts talking.  She goes away.  Few minutes later BOTH of them are out and talking.  Mom was giving Erin a ride to our aunt's house.  Good. Peace and quiet for me to work!!

For a few minutes.  Our aunt lives five minutes away.  Could I write in those five minutes?

No.  Mom calls from the grocery store asking about what cinnamon I want.  Just plain old ground cinnamon, thanks. 

Then the dogs go nuts over something outside.

Then Mom comes home.  She's taking out the garbage, rinsing dishes, making coffee.  I'm glaring at my laptop and wishing I was living in my apartment again.

It's really hard to write when you live with three people and three dogs.  They are all in and out of the house at different times, walking around, doing stuff, living.

I finally gave up and cleaned and organized the kitchen.  I needed to make room for my diet food.  Found some gross science mold growing and stuff shoved in every corner of the kitchen.  It's organized now, and I'll cut anyone who fucks it up!!

My fiance, James, is at work.  Erin is at our aunt's.  Mom is in her room.  Dogs are peacefully sleeping. 

About time.  Three hours after I sat down to write, I finally am able to.  For how long, I don't know, but I'm going to try.  I wrote a couple blog articles for another blog I'm starting on a different site.  I'm done with my part time job at the end of this month, and I'm getting ready to start a blog to make money.  Apparently you can write online and make money! 

Sign me up!

James and I are going to buy a couple lapel mics and get started on our videos for YouTube, then hopefully record our podcast. Somehow we will set up a corner for that.  Maybe our closet?  It isn't a walk-in closet, but the clothes will help with recording audio. We can just sit on the floor with our laptops in our laps LOL!

Right now?  I'm going to plug my flash drive into my new laptop and start sorting through my book and my notes.  I want to soon search for a literary agent again.  Maybe even send stuff to publishers and forget the agent.  I would prefer one, but I'm desperate at this point.

Happy writing!!

Comments

Popular Posts