Makeup Costs the Same as a Hardcover!!!!

Seven p.m. right now, and I'm about to open my book up and get to work! I should have started hours ago, but I have been distracted for ... 7 hours?! What!?

I got up at noon-ish (Wow, lazy, right? No, that's when my day starts, and I go to bed between four a.m. and 8 a.m.). First thing, I started thinking about reading.  I'm halfway through J.R. Ward's The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood series).


I checked my phone and ... Kelsey was streaming live on Twitch.  That's how my day started.  I watched for about three hours as she played Animal Crossing.  And while she was playing, I hopped onto YouTube for her makeup tutorial.  Then I made a list of what she uses.  Then on to search online for these products.  I'm not rich, so on to find similar products in a cheaper brand ...

And here I am, seven p.m. and nothing to show for it except a bare minimum Mary Kay cart up to $69.  Originally had that cart up to $112, and still might put those other items back in ...

I never wear makeup.  Ever.  I used to, probably every other day or days I wasn't working.  However, four years ago I started dating the man I married last November, and I just stopped bothering.  Makeup takes FOREVER for me to put on, I was never good at it, and I hate the time it takes.  I'm one of those people who sets her alarm for 10 or 15 minutes before she has to be out the door.  Throw on something clean, brush my teeth, rush out of the house.

I refuse to spend an hour applying paint to my face.  Who really has that kind of time?

That being said, for years James and I have been talking about starting a YouTube channel. We talk and never do it. I bought a couple lapel mics, and we are going to start a practice video and learn to record/edit. We are finally serious about this, and I don't want to be on camera with my face red and splotchy, uneven, pale, gross ...

Thank you, Kelsey, for having a 6 minute makeup routine I can easily get into.  The hardest part is being able to afford the super expensive products.

Seriously, why is one ounce of primer thirty frickin' dollars?!  Do you know how many rolls of toilet paper I can buy with that money ...?

Ha. Ha. Ha.

To my word processor!!!

Happy writing!!

Comments

Popular Posts