Who Needs Sleep Anyway?

You know you need sleep when ...



Yes. I'm quoting The Emperor's New Groove. Don't judge! That movie is AWESOME!

It's four thirty in the morning.  Wow.  I've been working for a while on this book of mine, and I like the changes I've made.  Less boring wordy-ness and more kick-ass storytelling!

Boom, bam, baby!

I've missed these characters.  The Cottage was my first real finished book.  I can't wait to finish rewriting it and read the second one.  I wrote the second one right after the first one, and the sequel only took me four months to finish. I even started the third book right after that ...

But that one is only around 13,000 words or so.  Not much of it yet.  I can't wait to see how this story ends.  I started it so long ago, I hate how long it's taken me to get back to it.  But I did other writing in between.

I see no rush to finish one particular book or series since they aren't getting published anyway.  I have time.  Maybe after I'm satisfied with The Cottage again, I'll look for a publisher ...

Maybe not.  One does get tired of rejection.

Though, I've only been rejected what?  A total of five times?  Maybe less?  I don't send them out much or often.  It's a lot of work, and the market is tough.  There are lots of people writing, and only so many books being published a year ...

What makes my books so special?  Why would someone take a chance on me?

I wonder if J. K. Rowling ever wondered these things.  I heard she was rejected many times before getting Harry Potter published.  Perhaps there's hope for me yet.

And, hey.  Twilight, Fifty Shades of Stupid, and Game of Thrones exist ...

Those suck and got published.  I'm sure my books will find their way eventually.  They are actually good.

I read a LOT of books, so I know good when I read it.  Even if it's my own.

Happy writing!



Comments

Popular Posts