Roald Dahl, Anyone?


My favorite coffee mug right now. James got it for me during our Half Priced Books trip for my birthday, and a week ago Ma accidentally broke the handle off of it. I was devastated, but James jumped right on Amazon and ordered me a new one! 

Even though he lost his job because of Corona, and we are living on a tight budget, like most people these days. 

On the bright side, I now use the broken mug as my pen holder on my desk! 



I'm sitting here about to get to work on episode two of our YouTube show we are creating. We still haven't tackled audio, but that's okay. We are learning. We now know what our strengths and weaknesses are. He's good at recording and all the technical stuff. I'm good at scripting and (not good, but better than he is) at the dialogue.

From now on he will film what he wants, shoot the video over to my computer, and I'll go to town with scripting it with his notes of what's happening in the scene. Together we will edit the two videos together and create the audio, end credits, and blooper reel. Should be lots of fun.

Deadlines! While I hate them, we need them to survive. I've given us a deadline of one week per episode. Now that we've honed our craft and learned what we're doing, a week should be more than enough time to make an episode. Once we have several videos made, we will start releasing them once a week on YouTube.

I can't wait until we get there!! It's been fun, interesting, hilarious, depressing, irritating, anger-inducing, frustrating, and just plain enjoyable working on this project with my husband.

Happy creating!

Comments

Popular Posts